Perfect Cost Grid®
Digital cost-engineering and benchmarking
The first web-based benchmarking and digital cost-engineering platform – PA's Perfect Cost Grid® gives your purchasing, cost engineering, and development teams timely online access to the comparative data and costing tools they need to develop competitively priced products, achieve significant savings in material and software costs, and minimise investment.
We applied our extensive experience in the automotive sector and manufacturing to bring you the competitive advantage of benchmarking and cost-engineering capabilities—without needing to make the significant investment required to develop your own solution.
Perfect Cost Grid® enables your organisation to:
PA Perfect Cost Grid is based on almost ten years of project experience across key sectors:
- Joint project between a German and a French car maker to reduce costs though costs per vehicle were far exceeding target costs – identified savings potential of up to 690€ per car.
- Cost and weight optimisation for an EV platform of a global car maker in Germany when 36 months before start of production the cost were exceeding targets by up to 40% – identified savings potential of more than 2,000€ per car.
- Implementing cost engineering and achieving major savings for a global telco provider – ‘fit for design to cost’ resulted in new processes, governance and training of the team as well as realised cost savings of more than 500k€.
- Cost optimisation for three adiabatic cooling systems of a global telco provider – potential of 30% in average for each vendor based on clear idea descriptions and defined target costs.
- Improving procurement process, knowledge of processes and resources allocation for a leading train operator – achieved 20% savings in resources employed.
- Within 12 months we helped a signalling and control manufacturer to reduce contract costs by over 30% in a heavily regulated environment.
- Conducting a teardown and benchmark project for five focus systems of a fork lift truck – 66 technical ideas identified with an estimated value of €286 to €453 for a fork lift truck led to supplier negotiations to reduce cost of components.
- Product cost optimisation of on- and offshore wind turbines – savings identified were double digit in percentage, based on technical input and success of the project the client established their own value engineering department.
Consumer and Medical
- Significant cost reduction for a drinks manufacturer aiming to deliver each unit to market with a 40% reduction in cost within a two year period – identified >60% potential savings for their next generation vending machine.
- Cost reduction for a medical device company – achieved savings in excess of 50% from the original design within a 14 months project timeframe and enhanced product stability.