We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Are you capable of inspiring and mentoring developers with the same fervour you bring to coding?
As a Technical Lead, you will play a pivotal role in leading Agile software development teams to deliver outstanding technical solutions for our clients. Your responsibilities will extend to guiding project directions with your ability to make practical design choices, ensuring they add substantial value to our clients while adhering to best practices. Your architectural expertise and dedication to a robust path to production, as well as your commitment to fostering a DevOps culture, will be critical aspects of your role.
You will report to the Technical Director and enjoy the opportunity to:
- Lead development teams or work across multiple teams, providing centralized expertise for large-scale projects.
- Lead by example, applying Agile and DevOps principles effectively.
- Maintain a pragmatic, product-focused approach to ensure our work consistently meets our clients' needs.
- Take pride in the growth and development of your team members.
Please note that we are continuously seeking outstanding candidates to fill this role at the senior level, and it's advertised year-round. Our recruiting team will evaluate your suitability for the position based on the specific needs at the time.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- Extensive knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in developing cloud-native applications on platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Expertise in defining testing strategies and implementing test automation, with a preference for TDD or BDD.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD practices, including version control with Git, branching strategies, automated testing, and deployment pipelines.
- Extensive experience working within Agile teams using Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- A strong commitment to delivering technology-enabled products that provide significant value to our clients.
- Exceptional communication skills and a collaborative team player who values building strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- A solid understanding of the services offered by major public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and a track record of building enterprise-grade applications on one of these platforms.
- You will also have excellent communication skills with demonstrable experience in leading teams / projects in this field. You will be able to form excellent relationships with clients working closely with them in shaping solutions, bring projects to a successful conclusion.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.