Managing Consultant - Aviation
PA Consulting Group and the Transport sector
The transport sector is the backbone of our economy and society. Transport of people and goods by road, rail, water and air connects citizens and companies, nationally and internationally. The sector is economically of great importance to the Netherlands: the Netherlands, with its (air) ports, is the gateway to Europe and is also the gateway to the world for Europe. Major societal challenges and changes (energy transition, nearshoring, mobility, urbanization) offer opportunities and challenges for companies in the transport sector: the importance of data and technology requires that every company becomes a 'tech company', and enables far-reaching integration of value chains; the pursuit of sustainability requires rethinking and reshaping all parts of the business model; technological developments lead to new business models and market participants; The infrastructure that makes transport possible must be expanded, renewed and made 'smarter' by means of technology.
All these challenges can only be addressed with innovative ideas. PA is an international consulting firm with a drive to help clients innovate and adapt to the possibilities of new technology. We do this with an (international) team, which not only consists of consultants, but also of organizational designers, strategists, change managers, scientists, process designers, digital and agile transformation experts, software developers and engineers. We believe that with this diversity of content, we can come up with the best solutions for our customers. We are asked (back) because of our ability to make complex changes clear and to successfully realize them together with our customers.
We are growing fast and expanding, and would like to get in touch with you for the further strengthening of our agile team in the Netherlands when the above matches your vision.
Within PA the Managing Consultant (MC) role represents a top tier appointment in the organisation, with MCs typically serving as our business development, thought and team leaders. With one foot in the operation, one foot in the strategic and a head for business and proposition development, this role is highly varied and calls for someone who is autonomous and a self-starter.
In addition, you will contribute to the development and growth of PA's activities in the transport sector, by identifying opportunities with existing accounts and new customers. You actively contribute to acquisition and maintain and develop your own external network.
As a Managing Consultant you also contribute to Thought Leadership, with the aim of further developing competencies and propositions that help to acquire new assignments and to carry them out successfully.
We are looking for a Managing Consultant with experience in the aviation space, who wants to take the next step in their professional development at PA. We are looking for candidates who have line experience and network within the Aviation industry who have airline or airport operations experience, particularly ground operations or customer facing activity. Management experience is advantageous, but experience at the ground level is more important (airside or landside)
We are happy to talk to you if you recognize the following aspects in yourself:
- Experience: you have at least 8 -10 years of [JD1] work experience. You have gained that experience within a corporate, government, start-up / scale-up or as an external consultant.
- Expertise: You have a technical or economic background. In your work you have built up expertise in the field of strategy (execution), (agile) transformation and/or data and digital transformation projects[JD2] . Project-based work has no secrets for you.
- Energy: You are passionate about the opportunities and challenges in the transport sector. You are customer-oriented and at your best when, as part of a team with a high focus on results, you[JD3] can help customers solve challenging strategic and organizational issues.
- External network: You have a network within Aviation (Schiphol, KLM) Develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels to sell value adding consulting assignment
- Develop commercially viable consulting market offerings, and work with PA teams to refine existing offerings, including taking these to new markets
- Work with PA’s Go-To-Market and other specialist teams to develop propositions, develop existing client accounts and build new accounts
- Lead and deliver large scale and complex projects
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams, planning, managing and delivering work
- Dutch speaker
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer, among other things:
- 35 vacation days (including public holidays)
- possibility to buy additional vacation days (maximum 7)
- Performance Bonus
- attractive equity plan (Private Equity based)
- pension scheme (with fixed percentage of personal contribution)
- possibility to acquire PA shares
- leaseregeling / mobiliteitsvergoeding
Inclusion and diversity
We are convinced that diversity makes us a stronger company and are happy to hire people from diverse backgrounds. Diversity fosters a rich, creative environment, in which our people develop and our customers achieve lasting results. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, regardless of their gender, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we cannot offer sponsorship for work permits, so you must have the full right to live and work in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights. It is a requirement to master the Dutch language at B1 level.