Energy & Utility Transmission Consultant
PA is seeking a subject matter expert to join its rapidly growing transmission analytics team. Candidates possessing an Electrical Engineering degree or multiple years of experience focusing on transmission related topics are preferred. Candidates should possess technical proficiency in power flow software (PowerWorld or similar) to conduct interconnection, load flow and facilities studies, and a basic understanding of transmission planning and interconnection processes across different regions, foundational knowledge in fundamental market analytics (nodal forecasting using SCED, transmission congestion analysis, and strong understanding of price formation) preferred. Candidates should have experience working with large datasets within Excel or Python and be capable of analyzing relationships across multiple datasets.
- Utilizing software like PowerWorld, PSLF, PSEE or the like to run load flow studies across a targeted system under base case and N-1 conditions
- Capable of identifying and concisely summarizing results of transmission line overloads, voltage violations, and other impacts to the system for clients without technical engineering expertise;
- Demonstrate an understanding of generator interconnection process and related studies
- Ability to interpret transmission tariff and procedures to create testing procedure for region(s) of focus
- Is able lead and contribute to the development of analytical models based on transmission and pricing data obtained from historical or forecasted sources.
Group medical insurance
Health Savings Account with company match
Teladoc and informed Nurse line resources
Long term care plan
Group dental insurance
401(k) Savings Plan with company profit sharing contribution
Commuter and Parking tax-savings benefit
15 days paid vacation days with the opportunity to buy five additional days
10 paid Holidays plus 10 paid sick days
Company and Voluntary income protection benefits
Gym and health incentive reimbursement
Pet and legal insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Plan
Annual performance-based bonus
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay Transparency Act, PA is required to provide a reasonable salary range for this role. This salary range is specific to the State of Colorado and is commensurate with experience, market data, applicant skills, internal equity and/or degrees/certifications. Colorado Salary Range: Low: $ 96,000 - High: $180,000
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.