Data Privacy Specialist
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Being an expert in privacy isn’t enough, establishing trust and confidence when doing business and carrying out personal transactions is of vital importance in an increasingly interconnected world. You will help ensure that our clients meet their duty of responsibility to ensure customer, partner, and third-party information is adequately protected, particularly as technology transforms the way we interact.
Our Data Privacy Consulting Services help organizations assess and achieve compliance, create new business strategies to take advantage of the new legislation, monitor trends and technology, adopt new technology to make compliance more effective and implement the people and process governance to make data privacy part of business as usual.
As part of our Team your experience will bring fresh solutions to new, and established, compliance requirements.
Your involvement will vary from assisting in delivering data privacy projects to acting as a subject matter expert on them or to leading a team, typically involving both PA and client staff. Furthermore, you may be involved in development of the team or in proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for further business and team growth.
You must be an established consulting professional with experience in delivering projects focused on data protection and privacy laws. Ideally, you should have experience consulting with Life Sciences sector clients.
You should also have the following skills/experiences:
- Proven experience with relevant data protection and privacy laws and regulations (e.g. CCPA, EU GDPR, Privacy Shield) and industry standards and frameworks, such as GAPP and BCR
- Possession of relevant qualifications such as CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/E, CISM, CISSP, and/or HCISSP, as well as involvement in industry related organizations (e.g. IAPP, ISACA, (ISC)²) are desirable. Where you do not have the qualifications, we will support you in achieving them
- The ability to efficiently understand client organizations and their business model and to tailor relevant processes to privacy requirements
- To communicate effectively with different stakeholders (e.g. business, legal, IT, security) about data protection and privacy matters.
- An analytical mindset, with a focus on producing quality work in a results-oriented environment.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.