Join us to celebrate women in tech
Our Women in Tech team is passionate about increasing gender diversity and inclusion within technical fields. We do that by organising learning opportunities and events to actively diversify the digital industry and challenge any misconceptions women have that stop them pursuing a career in technology.
Key to this are our popular coding courses in Web Development and Python. This spring’s courses are coming to an end, so we’re hosting a celebration – Celebrating Women in Tech: Coding Courses and Beyond – and we’d love for you to join us on Zoom on 31 May.
The evening will cover much more than coding courses. We’ll celebrate and demystify the breadth of technology careers and explore the vast opportunities beyond coding.
There are so many tech jobs that coding isn’t a part of, and we want our community to be more aware of these opportunities. So, we’ve invited speakers with specialities in everything from chemistry to engineering who work at places like Unilever and PA to talk about their tech careers and how to follow in their footsteps.
What’s on the agenda?
- A peek into Python – we’ll celebrate the Python course participants
- Web Dev projects showcase – those on the Web Development course will present some of their creations
- Awards – we’ll crown the most accomplished developers.
- Demystifying the broad meaning of tech – a keynote presentation from a senior leader at PA on the broader context of technology and the importance of intersectionality and a growth mindset
- Spotlight on… – speakers from across industries will share an inside look at the breadth of technology roles in the modern world.
We’re running the event through Zoom on Tuesday 31 May from 5:30pm until 7:30pm (BST). To join us, register your details.