2015 UK IT Outsourcing Study Results
The results are in from the 2015 UK IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in collaboration with PA Consulting Group. The study, that covers all industry sectors, investigates more than 800 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 260 of the top IT spending organisations across the UK. The total combined annual value of the contracts included is more than £15 billion – almost three quarters of the UK market by value.
Here are some key findings:
- The outsourcing market will continue to grow, with 69 per cent of respondents confirming they will continue to outsource at the same or increased rate. Of this group, 40 per cent say they will outsource more – indicating the UK market still has significant growth potential.
- Over 70 per cent of all organisations use nearshoring or offshoring, and this is expected to increase in the coming years.
- Focus on core business (cited by 68 per cent) is the main driver for companies planning to outsource more. However, the importance placed on the need to access new or better resources and transform the business has grown.
- The service provider community shows a strong overall satisfaction performance, with 86 per cent of clients stating they are satisfied with their outsourcing contract. Nevertheless, there are significant differences between the performances of the 26 IT service providers ranked in this year’s study.
- More than half of all UK organisations are using or planning to use public cloud vendors – and satisfaction is generally high. Growth of the usage of software as a service (SaaS) is significant, with almost 85 per cent of organisations stating they use it in some form.
To talk to one of our experts about getting exceptional results through IT outsourcing, contact us now.
Download a copy of the management summary
By submitting this form you consent to us providing your data to Whitelane Research BVBA.