“By developing the EV infrastructure and customer processes, and offering innovative charging models, utilities can encourage the adoption of electric vehicles.”
ARUN MANI, ENERGY & ELECTRIC VEHICLES EXPERT AT PA CONSULTING GROUP
Larry GrenemeierScientific American21 November 2011
PA’s executive forum Electric Vehicles: Fact or Fiction? featuring an international panel of industry leading experts that took place on November 15 in New York was covered in this article in Scientific American. The article discussed each industry expert’s analysis and assessed the overall options for EVs.
Sharing knowledge, practical experience and success stories, the speakers were
• Brett Perlman – former US Regulator for the State of Texas
• Hugh McDermott – Global VP, Better Place
• Rob Stewart – Advanced Technology and New Business, Pepco Holdings
• Veerender Kaul – Research Director, Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation Group
• Arun Mani – Energy and Electric Vehicles expert, PA Consulting Group
PA’s Arun Mani Arun discussed the three key long-term strategies he has identified that utilities need to put into action to be leaders in the emerging EV market: 1) building a reliable and flexible infrastructure, 2) offering innovative commercial charging models, and 3) shaping strategy around consumer behaviour.
To read the article in full, please click here.