Amy Finn, transformation and organisational agility expert at PA Consulting, is quoted in an article in Critical Eye looking at how businesses can respond quickly to customer demands in a 24-7 culture.
Amy explains how HRDs play a critical role in coaching leaders to adopt a more agile approach and outlines the key dimensions of organisational agility: “PA’s research with over 500 leaders from global businesses found five dimensions of agility that make organisations more financially successful:
• Centre on your customer – agile organisations put the customer at the heart of everything they do
• Speed up time to value – HR plays a critical role in speeding up time to value through effective onboarding and training
• Design for simplicity – organisations with complex or hierarchical structures and processes will find it difficult to increase their agility
• Build to evolve – the ability for your organisation to flex with changing internal and external factors is a key differentiator in beating the competition
• Liberate your people – agile organisations recruit talented, capable individuals whose capability needs to be liberated, not constrained”
Amy concludes: “Organisations on the journey to becoming more agile often look to the technical challenge first – setting up scrum teams and working in time boxes. As agile practices mature, it’s people, culture and leadership that quickly become the constraining factors in increasing velocity and delivering success.”