Strategic Asset Management Senior Consultant - Defence & Security
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- work in asset intensive organisations whether infrastructure, equipment or digital?
- Do you believe that a more co-ordinated and better-informed environment could lead to significant benefits to organisations from improving capability output to cost efficiency, speed of action, resilience and workforce productivity?
- Are you curious and always looking for new ways to solve complex problems?
- Have an interest in UK Ministry of Defence and could apply your knowledge
If so, read on to see how Asset Management Consultants at PA are helping Defence to evolve towards best practice and how you could get involved.
Become part of a talented team doing impactful work
In a world with ever more complex challenges, asset management is an increasingly important discipline to ensure asset owning and managing organisations get the service and ultimately business outcomes they require from their asset base.
Our Asset Management capability work with organisations who own or manage some of the world’s most interesting large physical assets, guiding them on the journey of increasing the sophistication of their asset management practices to realise efficiencies and drive delivery of business outcomes.
These organisations also span the full spectrum of asset management maturity; from those new to the concept whom we help understand and put in place the fundamental building blocks of good asset management, to those who are mature and are seeking to push the asset management boundaries, with whom we implement digital innovations.
Working across multiple sectors, such as transport, energy, water, nuclear and Defence and across a vast array of maturity levels, means that our asset management work is exciting and varied. For example, we:
- deliver major transformation programmes across the full breadth of asset management practice from policy to enhanced decision making, lifecycle delivery, people and systems
- perform complex analysis on asset information to drive insights and decisions
- optimise the adoption of innovative technologies to achieve performance and cost efficiencies
- develop leading-edge regulatory business plans
- design optimised and differentiated asset investment strategies and plans
The way we approach asset management at PA is different to many. We combine our asset management experience across multiple sectors, with wider PA expertise in areas such as, innovation, digital, human capital to bring truly ingenious, well-rounded, practical solutions to our clients.
What we’re looking for:
The Defence sector is rapidly evolving to employ asset management best practice – we are at the forefront of many changes and innovative solutions - we are looking for talented people to join our growing asset management team in this sector. Our consultants are able to apply their knowledge and experience from whatever sector into a Defence context supported by our Defence experts – this provides new insight and approaches to Defence that have resulted in fast progress towards Asset Management best practice.
We work very closely with all our clients, build strong interpersonal relationships and pride ourselves on our ability to ‘walk the talk.’ Therefore, we are particularly interested in those who have practical ‘hands on’ experience with physical assets and interests in:
- Strategy, planning and operations of Defence assets
- Delivery of asset management change programmes
- Understanding of Defence asset management systems and landscape
- An interest in ‘how Defence works’ and how industry improvements may be applicable
At PA we believe that a brilliant asset manager is someone who is curious, enjoys exploring new and innovative ideas, and seeks to evolve asset management thinking and problem definition. We are looking to recruit and support curious asset management experts to develop across these areas, who are willing to learn and develop themselves in a consulting environment.
While successful candidates will have a good technical understanding of their field, deep specialism is not the only facet of PA consultants; we also want ingenious people who can turn highly technical detail into simple concepts and communicate this clearly to anyone from boardroom to factory floor. Our consultants should be able to adapt their style to collaborate effectively with clients and inspire confidence. We’re looking for someone with these attributes:
- Self-motivation and ability to manage their own workload effectively
- Creative and open minded, enjoying learning and trying new ways of doing things
- Effective communication, presentation creation, delivery and document writing skills
- A talented team member in multi-discipline teams
- Able to work out of London, Bristol, or the South West
And experience of at least one of the below:
- Developing asset management strategies, plans or systems
- Analytics and asset performance, cost and risk modelling to inform and optimise asset investment / operational decisions, development of information strategies and data governance
- Smart infrastructure, digital twins, whole life cost/value optimisation tools
- Workforce optimisation, training, supply chain analysis, business design
- Strong logical and problem-solving mindset, good working knowledge of statistics and modelling with Excel or other tools
- Management systems aligned to ISO55000
- Change management and programme definition
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com