Sourcing and Procurement Consultant
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Are you driven by a desire to help organisations to achieve value for money through better procurement and strategic sourcing arrangements?
Our Sourcing, IT Strategy & Corporate Services capability are looking for a Sourcing and Procurement Consultant. You will have the opportunity to;
- Work on some of the most significant and complex sourcing challenges facing public and private sector organisations in the UK and internationally.
- Provide a range of strategic advice from transforming organisations’ sourcing teams, delivering complex multi-billion-pound procurements, and advising our clients on large-scale IT transformations.
- Support your clients to achieve their desired business outcomes by harnessing deep technical knowledge and applying innovative approaches to sourcing and procurement.
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependent on your suitability at this time or in the future.
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or procurement. For more senior roles prior consulting experience is essential.
- Professional experience within Defence & Security or Public Services
- You will also need to hold or be eligible to hold UK security clearance (SC or higher). More information about clearances can be found here.
It is also important that you are able to demonstrate:
- Strong delivery experience from working on complex procurement/commercial and strategic sourcing projects (e.g., high value, multi-year major engineering projects, IT sourcing, outsourcing projects), operating in competitive or challenging single source environments.
- Prior experience will ideally encompass the development and delivery of end to end sourcing activity including requirements definition, sourcing/commercial strategy development, core sourcing activity, commercial negotiation and contract management.
- Exposure to sourcing cloud or SaaS services, AI or RPA capabilities, application services, data centre and infrastructure, end-user computer and networks services.
- Experience in managing supplier service delivery arrangements or improving supplier and sourcing relationships, including multi-sourcing arrangements.
- A proven ability to think creatively and commercially to solve complex procurement and sourcing problems
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills that translate to exceptional stakeholder management.
- Experience of leadership roles through sourcing engagements, influencing and engaging with C-suite stakeholders.
- CIPS, MCIPS, IACCM or equivalent sourcing qualifications
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org