Software Engineer - Summer Internship
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as an intern is the next step in starting your career. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our People Make a Difference
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA Consulting we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Global Innovation Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
During your weeks as an intern at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes.
Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
A career at PA is what you make of it — so power your curiosity and prepare to make an impact.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be on track to gain a degree in a relevant subject
- Proficient programming skills, ideally with experience in one or more of these embedded or objected-oriented languages: C++, Python, C or C#
- Are credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- Can build strong relationships
- Are curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Can be adaptable and able to flex their style and thinking
- Are collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Are driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Are open to change and have a growth mindset
- Are hungry for new challenges
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- Our areas of expertise include: Software for Real Devices, Cloud Integration and IoT Devices, Advanced Image processing & Virtual Reality opportunity to work on meaningful projects with talented people across a wide range of assignments and Safety Critical Software for Medical Devices, Defence, Transport etc
- You will use your talent and experience across a range of design and development tasks from real devices and machines to cutting edge IoT and cloud systems
- You will work in a talented and collaborative multi-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development
- You will contribute to the design and build of solutions using the best suited technologies for the problem we are trying to solve
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- Your work will be based in our Global Technology and Innovation Centre in Melbourn, Cambridge
- Full time
- This role will start in June 2023 – for 6-8 weeks. Exact dates will be confirmed at offer stage.
- Salary: Competitive
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.