Senior Satellite Communications Specialist
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
As an experienced leader in the field of Satellite Communications, you will be responsible for leading and facilitating all Systems Engineering activities, which cover the entire Satellite ecosystem. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to make informed technical decisions where critical factors such as time, cost, risk and security are acknowledged. You will work closely with team leaders and project managers to ensure that overall business and project deliverable targets are successfully met.
- Co-lead all system engineering activities and tasks working closely with project work streams
- Follow all applicable engineering standards, legislation, policy and guidance, ensuring that where there is deviation, the impact understood, planned and managed.
- Being the focal point for system engineering design and ensuring that the associated technical risks are understood and managed.
- Ability to specify the technical and integration aspects in contracts.
- Ability to specify and align product descriptions for deliverables.
- Lead risk identification activities through early planning, monitoring and review.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven managerial experience of working in communication or wireless defence systems.
- In-depth knowledge of System Engineering processes.
- ·In depth understanding of the CADMID life cycle process.
- Good planning and program management experience.
- Detailed knowledge of communication systems and radio frequency link budget analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate effective leadership of technical staff, internal support departments and clients.
- Good understanding of requirements management including experience of working with stakeholders (internal and external) to elicit, analyse and negotiate requirements.
- Proven ability to lead design reviews internally and externally with sub-contractors.
- Current security clearance – level 2 (or willingness to obtain it)
- Experience of defence contracting and the bid process.
- Working knowledge of project management, requirements and design tools.
- Working knowledge of the space industry or communication systems and technology road maps.
- Experience of test and verification activities in satellite systems
- Team player who is self-motivated, proactive and capable of bringing development projects to a successful conclusion.
- Problem solver, who can identify a variety of technical options, evaluate their suitability and select the optimum solution.
- Willing to consult the opinion of others and negotiate consensus where necessary.
- A clear communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Maintains a structured and organised approach to their work.
- Must be willing to travel within the UK
Degree educated, or qualified by experience, in a relevant subject area.
Private medical insurance
• Travel allowance
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com