Senior Human Resources Business Partner
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to support our US region. This role will report into the Head of HR Business Partnering and work closely with the Head of US People Transformation. It will have one direct report. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Head of US People Transformation to partner with the Americas leadership team to develop and implement a local people strategy, ensuring alignment to the global people strategy, and drawing on expertise from PA’s HR CoEs and utilizing PA’s global HR delivery teams
- Work with the Head of US People Transformation, Head of HR Business Partnering, and Global HR CoE leads to deliver the global people strategy within the region. Lead and contribute to global HR transformation projects, and ensure strong local implementation
- Lead the implementation of critical cyclical processes for the region (including promotions, YE performance and compensation) and, together with other HR colleagues, support PA’s cyclical processes globally
- Partner with and coach GTM and Capability Leads and representatives in the US to enable effective delivery of HR activities and talent plans across PA's people pillars (recruit/onboard, mentor & develop, reward, support & engage)
- Enable a high-performance culture locally through strong performance management and talent development within the US, drawing on expertise from PAs CoEs
- Work with Leads and line managers to develop and optimize people management capability within the region, supported by global CoEs
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our business partnering processes and policies
- Support succession planning for key accounts
- Act as go-to person for complex employee relations in the region and lead complex cases
- Develop and utilize people data to provide regional insights, drive best practice, and enable ingenious solutions
- Champion PA's values and the behaviors we expect of each other
- Engage with CoEs, local and global management, and all people to develop and implement progressive initiatives around inclusion, diversity, and wellbeing to enable positive engagement and promote community across the region
- Lead, coach and mentor HR team members across the region
Keep up to date on both federal and state employment laws ensuring that we adhere to all required legal requirements
- A passion for all things HR and providing the highest quality of service to your key stakeholders and PA community
- 5+ years of extensive HR experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- SPHR or PHR Designation; strong working knowledge of HR best practices and US employment law
- Significant experience of strategic HR partnering at a leadership level
- Strong business acumen
- HR change management and transformation experience
- Strong working knowledge of all people functions
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills which enable you to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, able and excited to manage a high volume but rewarding workload
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy developing and continuing to build on existing processes
- Understand when it is appropriate to escalate a problem to the appropriate stakeholder or seek professional legal advice
This is a hybrid in-office/remote role and will require occasional travel to other PA locations.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At PA Consulting, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $150,000 - $166,750.