Senior Electronics Engineer - Consumer Electronics & Diagnostics
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
Are you an experienced Electronics Engineer excited by the opportunity of working in a multi-disciplinary environment across a diverse range of industries?
Are you seeking the opportunity to take ideas from concept to prototype and to make a difference for PA’s clients?
Do you have proven experience in delivering products to market?
At PA Consulting Group we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
We are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer with a specialism in analogue and/or power electronics to join our growing team at our technology centre in Melbourn, Herts.
As a Principal Consultant (PC) you should combine technology/problem solving skills with project management and commercial awareness. Our principal consultants are leaders in their respective fields and form the foundation of our delivery model. They serve as a deep problem solvers, project managers, sales support and innovators and form the centre of a project delivery team. You can expect a highly variable role with heavy client contact, hands-on project work and creative space to really own the solutions you are delivering. Working in the Electronics capability you can expect to work across a diverse range industry sectors and problem spaces, with opportunity to go beyond the confines of your historical experience.
Our PCs also feature as line and people managers and serve as mentors for junior team members both in a formal (line management) and informal setting.
- You will have demonstrable experience applying your expertise in analogue and power electronics to a wide-range of problem spaces
- You will be comfortable applying modern simulation tools and techniques to the design process
- You will have exposure to the full product lifecycle from concept generation through to product release
- You will possess a good understanding of the regulatory landscape of the EU and US and a proven track record of designing for compliance with appropriate standards
- You will have excellent communication skills and be comfortable explaining technical material in both an informal and formal setting
If you want to use your skills and experience in electronic engineering to make products that have real-world impact, then PA will give you the exposure and tools to make this happen.
- Degree qualified – minimum 2:1 (Electronic Engineering or related subject)
- Chartered engineer (desirable, but not essential)
Private medical insurance
• Travel allowance
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org