Senior Electronics Architect
Design Partners is a product design & innovation agency located in the garden of Ireland, just south of Dublin city. Our mission is to elevate human potential. We collaborate with the world’s most innovative brands to create meaningful products and services that empower and inspire people. Our experienced researchers, strategists, designers, engineers and makers bring ideas to life that empower people to achieve incredible things. We are now part of PA Consulting.
Your day to day
We are looking for exceptional, creative, curious and collaborative Senior Electronics Architect to join our team. You will have the chance to impact products developed for some of the biggest brands in the world while solving complex and ambitious engineering problems.
You will take a key role working in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment, surrounded by people who want to deliver the very best for our clients. You will operate in multi-functional teams where our engineers work closely with designers and researchers to deliver new and exciting products and experiences.
What you bring
This is an electronics-centric role, but it also demands good embedded software and product development skills. It will be especially attractive to those who do not wish to be pigeonholed in one discipline.
We are looking for candidates with the following technical skills:
- A proven track record of developing consumer centric embedded system architectures where functions are partitioned between hardware and software and where the form factor poses unique integration challenges.
- Excellent concept ideation skills with the ability to work with product and marketing teams in order to translate product visions into realisable electronics architectures and to communicate those architectures to your development teams.
- Strong embedded software skills – especially low-level C-coding, device drivers and platform bring up.
- Comfortable working close to the electronics platform and working across electronics-mechanical and software-electronics boundaries.
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle from concept generation through to product release including demonstrable experience of delivering your designs into consumer research trials and to the market.
- A good understanding of the regulatory landscape of the EU and US and a proven track record of designing for compliance with appropriate standards for Consumer Electronics products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable explaining complex engineering concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree qualified – in electronic engineering or a related subject from a leading university.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative – you solve problems.
- You are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- You don’t get flustered, aggravated or annoyed easily. You understand that sometimes the goalposts shift.
- You love to share. You can mentor, develop and guide members of the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.