Secure Work Environment (SWE) Governance Manager & HMG Custodian
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
At PA we are proud of the work we do to protect our clients and their citizens. Aspects of this are inevitably sensitive and we therefore have several working areas in the UK that are approved by UK Government for secure work to be performed (known as Secure Working Environments or SWEs).
The SWE Governance Manager and HMG Custodian is a government recognised and approved role with responsibility for ensuring regulated controls of governance are maintained and professionalism is enhanced at all UK SWEs. The continued operation of the SWE spaces and administrative support to the projects that use them is essential to PA, underpinning our accreditations that support significant Government work and future opportunities.
- Providing an end-to-end service for all project administration for classified work.
- Managing classified materials: to include, registration, maintenance, governance, audit & destruction.
- Arrangement and Liaison point of all secure internal and external visits into the SWE.
- Arranging and administering secure transportation of materials to/from various secure sites.
- Represent the business as the HMG Authorised Custodian of the facilities and the liaison between Government accreditors and the business
- Manage the quarterly SWE Governance Committee
- Manage costs and apportion across the business appropriately
- Provision of high levels of support to all SWE room users, including:
- Managing quarterly face to face briefings
- Representing the requirements of HMG to instil high standards of compliance, and managing any form of non-compliance to resolution, including the appropriate reporting and escalation
- Responding quickly and using initiative in response to changing requirements
- Responding effectively to incidents; delivering controls to mitigate risk. Work alongside SWE support teams in Group Systems to implement best practice and target service improvements
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT: Candidates must possess Sole British Nationality and have resided in the UK for a minimum of 5 years to obtain the security clearance level needed for this role. Candidate to hold or be able to achieve a higher-level HMG security clearance. Candidates without this cannot be considered.
- To work with, and gain the respect and confidence of senior people in HMG and across PA
- To bring a level of gravitas to the importance of security culture in the SWE areas
- To be forward looking with the professionalism, security acumen and resilience to lead the development of the SWE business
- Adaptable, flexible and pragmatic
- Determined self-starter, with confidence to take the initiative, and is prepared to challenge behaviours that present risk
- A professional communicator (in person and in writing) able to argue a case coherently and persuasively at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and process orientated
- Discrete in security matters; known for doing the right thing not the easy thing
- Well organised and able to work on a variety of concurrent tasks and deliver against deadlines
- Working effectively, sensitively, and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to travel other UK offices to manage the requirements and standards of the SWEs.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com