R&D Prototype Technician
Design Partners is a product design & innovation agency located in the garden of Ireland, just south of Dublin city. Our mission is to elevate human potential. We collaborate with the world’s most innovative brands to create meaningful products and services that empower and inspire people. Our experienced researchers, strategists, designers, engineers and makers bring ideas to life that empower people to achieve incredible things. We are now part of PA Consulting.
Your day to day
We are looking for exceptional, creative, curious and collaborative R&D Prototype Technician to join our team. You will have the chance to impact products developed for some of the biggest brands in the world while solving complex and ambitious engineering problems.
You will take a key role working in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment, surrounded by people who want to deliver the very best for our clients. You will operate in multi-functional teams where our engineers work closely with designers and researchers to deliver new and exciting products and experiences.
What you bring
You will work across the whole development lifecycle for clients, offering a rare opportunity to work on early concept ideas and to see your ideas launched in the market.
Clients approach us with unique challenges that require a creative outlook and an adaptable skill set.
- Responsible for the fabrication of prototype electromechanical devices using internal manufacturing processes and through external vendors.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of manufacturing and fabrication processes and equipment including CNC Milling, 3D Printing and Laser Cutting – with a knowledge of Heidenhain CNC controllers a significant plus.
- Must have experience using CAM packages and programming of CNC equipment with 3D Machining experience essential
- Knowledge of PowerMill and PowerShape a significant plus.
- Experience in 3D Computer Aided Design packages such as SolidWorks, Creo or Fusion360.
- Strong problem-solving skills and superb attention to detail
- Flexible and capable of working on own initiative with the ability to plan, program, set-up and operate a variety of machine tools with excellent time management and planning skills
- Familiar with proper workshop safety and housekeeping practices and are comfortable completing daily equipment maintenance
- Experience with finishing processes including polishing, painting, anodising etc is a significant plus.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative – you solve problems.
- You are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- You don’t get flustered, aggravated or annoyed easily. You understand that sometimes the goalposts shift.
- You love to share. You can mentor, develop and guide members of the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.