We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
At PA Consulting Group we design, build, maintain and run digital solutions – at scale – that drive innovation, and enrich people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating a positive human future in a technology-driven world. Our ambition is to be the best, most ingenious team that our clients have ever worked with, and we want Digital & Data to be the best team you’ve ever worked with; in the best job you’ve ever had.
Our approach unlocks growth and efficiency by aligning organisations around what matters to customers. We design, create and build relevant experiences aligned to strategic ambition, and outline the behaviour and operations required to achieve it, driving value and impact swiftly.
What You'll Do
Do you crave collaboration and love creating insights that help organizations improve their agility in response to a rapidly changing market?
As a Product Manager within our Digital Strategy & Experience team, you'll drive the development of cutting-edge products that make a positive impact on our clients' businesses. You'll champion the customer throughout delivery, based on a deep understanding of their needs, and bridge the gap between product strategy and development. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with designers, BAs, delivery managers, technology leads and engineers to design, define and build innovative solutions that meet customer needs and drive business growth. Your strategic mindset, strong leadership skills, ruthless focus on customer need and passion for delivering exceptional products will be crucial to your success in this role.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- Plan and Conduct user research and gather customer insights to deeply understand user needs, pain points, and preferences. Translate user feedback and market insights into actionable product requirements and improvements.
- Develop and communicate compelling product strategies and visions that align with client's strategic ambition and customer needs. Define and iterate clear product roadmaps and prioritise features and enhancements based on customer research, market trends, and business objectives.
- Lead the end-to-end product development process, including product planning, defining requirements, managing and prioritising the product backlog, translating and refining product requirements into actionable epics and stories.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, and delivery teams to ensure effective product development and delivery. Foster a collaborative environment, facilitating communication and alignment across teams to achieve product goals and milestones.
- Own, maintain, develop and enhance product KPIs, metrics and value/success criteria.
- Engage with stakeholders, including clients, customers, and internal teams, to gather input, communicate product updates, and address concerns. Build strong relationships and maintain effective communication channels to ensure alignment and support for product initiatives.
Key skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Experience design, business design, organisation change, system thinking, commercial case making, roadmap creation, horizon-scanning, analysis and consulting
- Customer obsessed and know when to draw upon the right tools, with the right level of detail, to understand and validate customer problems.
- Forming and proposing early hypotheses, as a starting point to collaborative iteration (happy being publicly wrong too)
- Collaboration - reconciling differences and opposing views; challenging and refining together, seeking and offering feedback, seeking counter-opinions
- Using impactful storytelling techniques, backed by data, to explain, evangelise and persuade in formal pressured settings (in writing and presentations) to large senior audiences.
- Ability to balance product pragmatism against purism, confidence to make the right call on the level of discovery, experimentation and measurement needed when launching solutions to customers.
- Love working with engineering teams, explaining the ‘why’ and working with them to define the ‘how’
- Use of data to make decisions and able to build strategies around collecting and measuring metrics that reflect the success (or failure) of initiatives
Personal attributes we’d expect for someone to be successful in this role are:
- Confident, articulate and persuasive – clear thinking, crisp argument, summarises well, tells good stories backed with robust detail and data
- Imaginative, innovative, creative, curious – enjoys generating ideas, novel directions, solving complex problems, entering new territory, uncovering, probing, digging into the detail
- Able to have full and frank conversations – sensitive and robust in equal measure
- Ambitious for the quality and impact of the work, and for the performance of the team
Warm – matches depth of expertise with genuine approachable friendliness and integrity to build high-trust relationships and foster an environment of inclusivity and psychological safety qualifications
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependent on your suitability at this time or in the future.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.