Principal Data Strategist Consultant
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, mathematical modelling and ML, with a focus on using advanced analytics techniques to support data centric decision making in government organizations, police forces, aerospace, defence, and security businesses. Our company is committed to helping these organizations anticipate threats, keep people safe, and meet their clients' needs.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to identify business opportunities, assess risks, and recommend data-driven solutions that drive business growth.
- A degree, Masters or PhD from a leading university in data science, mathematics, operational research, physics, or statistics
- Experience of conducting analysis for evidence-based decision making, developing models and analyses to support data centric decision making
- Experience in working in the Defence and Security sector.
- Experience working with clients to translate business needs into solutions
- Experience of working across the full modelling lifecycle - problem formulation, exploratory data analysis, model design, build, testing and handover
- Experience working with common tools like python, SQL and Excel for modelling and analysis
- An inquisitive mind that wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues.
- Experience of leading and delivering solutions that involved one or more of the following specialisms: advanced analytics and data science, developing operational research models, big data platforms, data visualisation or dashboard development.
- Experience of leading and delivering complex business intelligence and analytical projects
- A genuine affinity for problem solving - an inquisitive mind who wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues
**Given the information restriction levels on the work we do in this space, current L3 Clearance is a requirement for this role.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org