Principal Consultant, Mechanical Engineering and Product Design
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Consumer electronics, medical devices, diagnostics and more - our clients need PA's support delivering their product development strategies, and your can help.
Our team of Mechanical Design Engineers is a highly respected and a highly valued part of our Technology and Innovation consultancy group. We are looking to grow this team significantly where you would be developing creative technical solutions for manufacturing processes and machine designs of “new to market products”.
We provide a one-stop product development service that takes products to market, from advising on business cases and creating initial concepts through to design and development; from manufacture and supply chain set-up to ongoing support for lasting success.
To enjoy this job and the variety of problems to be solved a good technical breadth is needed to adapt well to our consulting environment. This will make the most of your proactive and creative approach to your work, your aptitude and ambition, and your ability to apply your skills to the creation, analysis and development of devices and modules used across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
- Proven product development experience including leading programs of work
- Excellent understanding of engineering solutions into one or more industry sectors, including relevant regulations and common challenges.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability
- Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
- The ability to innovate and think freely
- Ability to lead/manage others where needed to deliver outstanding result for clients.
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Highly client-focused, combing a technical and commercial mind set.
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
This is a unique opportunity to lead teams that works on projects with real-world impact. By interacting with our Applied Sciences, Industrial Design, Data Sciences and Software teams, the Mechanical Engineering group can deliver truly innovative solutions to our clients that range right across the industrial sector!
If you enjoy challenge and variety and don’t want to be pigeon-holed into a one-type-of-solution model, then PA is well worth considering:
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org