Mechanical Engineer - Energy and Utilities
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
We work with clients to help them realise commercial edge in new and established markets, leveraging design, science and engineering to create advanced technical solutions and their means of manufacture. As the world changes at an ever-increasing rate, our clients use our technical expertise to get ahead of the innovation curve.
Based out of our Global Technology and Innovation Centre in Melbourn near Cambridge, which serves as our design, development, prototyping and fabrication hub, PA supports organisations that span some of the largest names in the energy & utilities, consumer and healthcare industries through to start-ups, helping them realise new to world products and processes and exploit technology and advanced automation to drive sustainable design, productivity improvement, waste reduction and increased agility.
Using our expertise across the Product Design, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Human Factor Sciences, Automation, Manufacturing and Innovation Strategy, we translate science and technology into commercially viable break-out products and processes for our clients.
This is where you come in…
Function Specific Activities:
- Provide clear technical leadership to multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype, test and develop novel thermal and fluidic systems.
- Possess expert knowledge of one or more of fluid system design, thermodynamics, energy storage technologies and/or heating and cooling system design.
- Manage project delivery flexibly and pragmatically to achieve high quality results within budget and time constraints.
- Generate creative design concepts and evaluate them based on a sound theoretical understanding of engineering principles.
- Confidently communicate complex technical information and its commercial implications to senior external stakeholders.
- Support the development of more junior engineers.
- Support business development activities, including drafting and presenting project proposals.
- Experience in end-to-end technology development from initial concept generation to commercial deployment.
- Breadth of knowledge across a range of manufacturing processes, their capabilities and limitations.
- Experience leading the sale of technical consultancy projects.
- Knowledge of the key technology trends in the energy industry.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacture & Assembly principles and experience of putting them into practice.
- Experience in a client-facing role in a fast-paced consultancy or similar environment.
A degree in a relevant subject or qualified by experience.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org