Managing Consultant - Intellectual Property Advisory - Networks
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies, and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
We are over 4,000 strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers, and technologists. And we have deep expertise in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport.
Our teams operate globally from offices across the UK, Ireland, US, Nordics, and Netherlands.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA’s Intellectual Property (IP) Service provides independent advice helping organisations of all sizes to nurture and grow their businesses through the identification and making the most of their strategic IP assets.
We are looking to hire an experienced Managing Consultant to be based out of either our head office (London, Victoria) or our Global Innovation and Technology Centre (Melbourn, Cambs).
The role of Managing Consultant is a key role encompassing both entrepreneurial business development/personal sales, with hands-on project delivery/management. This role would suit a technically savvy Intellectual Property specialist who enjoys developing great client relationships and understands how to meet clients’ needs with great consulting solutions.
To do this, we would expect you to have strong contacts in relevant industry sectors and be passionate about leveraging your network and your technical knowledge to meet client’s needs. This is an exciting opportunity to help our clients realise the value of IP by applying technical expertise and commercial insight. A degree in Intellectual Property is desirable but not mandatory.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate successful business development skills within the professional services industry selling consulting services, and have led and delivered the majority of following types of assignments:
- Shaping and delivering IP Strategies – where organisations align their IP with their business strategies to deliver optimum value
- IP Management – supporting organisations with rationalising their patent/IP portfolio including IP transaction advice
- Technical IP analysis – Applying technical insight into client’s challenges of IP infringement/circumvention
- IP Litigation support – supporting clients and their law-firms with providing technical/methodological support in litigations including portfolio analysis, testifying experts, etc.
Some key duties of an IP advisory Management Consultant include:
- Develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels to sell value adding consulting assignment (Typical value between £100k - £1M)
- Lead and deliver large scale and complex projects – managing project teams (2-10 people) being actively involved and taking ownership of delivery
- Develop commercially viable consulting market offerings
- Work with PA’s Go-To-Market and other specialist teams to develop targeted propositions, develop existing client accounts and build new accounts
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams, planning, managing and delivering work
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be customer-focused and be willing to travel on business. Preferable to have exposure to Technology IP opportunities in the US and Europe geographies.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team, work on leading-edge issues facing our industries and really make a difference to our clients. The nature of our business means that we can not only offer our consultants an exciting variety of work, but also the opportunity to see an initial idea develop into a real tangible service over a relatively short time period. As consulting professionals, we like nothing better than delivering a solution that provides our clients with a competitive edge.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.