Managing Consultant - Digital Transformation - Public Services (Education)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,300 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA Consulting (PA) are one of the leading consulting firms operating within the UK and Irish education sectors. Over the past 15 years we have worked on some of the sector’s largest and ground-breaking transformations – enabling millions of learners to fulfil their potential.
PA’s business is largely focused on higher education where we have supported 30 universities over the past three years alone (including over half of the Russell Group). Our works spans strategy development, operating model design, organisational design, change management, cyber and large technology sourcing and implementation. Crucially, we have prioritised digital transformation over recent years and are currently supporting a number of universities in their efforts to meet student, academic and staff expectations. As evidenced in the conclusions of our 10th survey of vice chancellors (December 2021), every single university is looking to improve student and staff experiences and deliver academic missions by taking advantage of the opportunities digital innovation presents.
In response to this market trend we are growing our existing digital education team and are seeking an experienced hire to lead complex client assignments and support our growth in the education sector.
You will be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the education sector, both within higher education and, ideally, the Department for Education and relevant agencies. We are seeking individuals who combine that knowledge of the sector with skills and experience in the areas of digital transformation, experience and service design. You will have experience of leading project teams, working alongside client teams and senior client stakeholders (VCs/DVCs/COOs/CIOs in universities, SROs/Directors/DD in Gov depts). Your time would be split between active engagement on client projects, new business development and, supporting our team and growth plans.
In addition to an excellent understanding of the education sector (e.g. university trends and drivers) and also the supporting supply chain (e.g. education technology specialists and vendors), you will have the following capabilities and experiences:
- You will have worked on a range of education digital transformation projects including; experience design, digital business cases, programme set-up, design of new services and delivery projects
- You will have experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams with a range of experience levels to deliver great client outcomes
- You will have a track record of delivering digital opportunities in the education sector working alongside clients’ teams
- You will have delivered high-quality project outputs that stand out in the market
- You will have experience of developing propositions and taking these to market
- You will have a good track record of growing digital revenues
- You will have been a highly collaborative and visible member of an education leadership team, either client side or in professional services
- You will have led, managed and grown teams and supported the development of the individuals within them
- You will have a strong track record of enabling an inclusive culture and creating strong followership
- You will bring great insight on the trends impacting the sector and be able to bring that to life for our clients and our people
- You will be able to bring ideas and innovation to help solve our clients’ most pressing problems
- You will have a good network in the sector and have the ability to spot and secure opportunities to support our clients and grow our Education account
- You will be able to grow existing client relationships as well nurturing and growing new ones
In return we would welcome you to the Education account leadership team, we are one of PA’s top 25 account teams with ambitious growth plans. In addition, you would also be joining the senior leadership team of our Public Services Go To Market (GTM) team, and also be a part of our Public Services digital community. It is an exciting period for digital education and we look forward to discussing this with you further.
Private medical insurance
25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
Company pension scheme
Annual performance-based bonus
Life and Income protection insurance
Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org