Managing Consultant - Defence & Security Technology
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
We are looking for a leader who is expert in applying science and technology to create innovative solutions in Defence and Security often at the forefront of what is possible. You will lead and sell exciting and challenging work in the Defence and Security space and relish using this knowledge to shape and sell compelling consultancy propositions to clients in Government and industry. Your experience will of course enable you to be successful in this role.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team:
Our Global Innovation and Technology Centre is home to more than 300 strategists, scientists, designers, technologists and engineers. Across 11,000 square meters of design studios, laboratories and engineering workshops, our experts take our clients’ most interesting challenges and deliver the end-to-end innovation journey.
Our team works with clients across Defence and Security on some of the most thought-provoking and high-profile assignments to make a real difference to our clients ranging from creating new products through to mapping how new technologies can create disruptive capability. In this role you will join the growing team building our technology innovation business in the sector.
The ideal candidate will help us build the team, sell more work to clients and lead a multi-disciplinary technology team to deliver outstanding work. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach; working across capabilities such as applied science, electronic systems and analytics to deliver innovations, working closely with the wider defence and security team, and bringing together the key pillars that PA is known for - Consulting, Technology and Innovation.
The role of Managing Consultant (MC):
Within PA the MC role represents both a top tier appointment and an exciting opportunity for leadership, with MCs typically serving as our business development, thought and team leaders. With one foot in the operation, one foot in the strategic and a lead for business and proposition development, this role is highly varied and calls for someone who is autonomous and a self-starter.
What we're looking for...
The ideal candidate:
We are seeking a leader who can both sell and deliver innovation work to clients in Defense and Security. This will include:
- Drawing on your sector network and being responsible for initiating, leading and winning sales.
- Leading complex technical multi-disciplinary assignments
- Active involvement in managing client accounts and supporting engagement with our clients
- Producing thought-provoking pieces to raise the profile of PA in technology innovation in the sector
- You will have a strong network of senior contacts and potential buyers across the sector; ideally in areas that are complementary to our current client base
- Your primary expertise and experience will be as a science and technology leader. Specifically, you will be experienced in one or more of the following fields:
- A deep and broad understanding of Defence and Security and the opportunities to apply science and technology in innovative ways
- Experience as technical lead of complex multi-disciplinary technology development projects
- Expertise in science and technology relevant to the future of Defence and Security such as optics, novel sensing, automation, artificial intelligence, RF Systems, aerospace, physics
- Commercial experience in structuring complex proposals, effort estimation and sales conversion.
This is a senior opportunity which would suit a candidate that is looking for role that will allow them to build something by leveraging PA’s enviable technical capability.
Degree educated, or qualified by experience, in a relevant subject area.
Private medical insurance
• Travel allowance
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com