Managing Consultant - Defence & Security - Growth Strategy
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Threats to national security are constantly evolving, whether they’re military, cyber or terror-related. So organisations must evolve to meet them. We help government departments, agencies, the military and police forces reshape and reorganise to counter threats and keep people safe. And we help aerospace, defence and security businesses anticipate and meet their clients’ needs.
Our diverse teams of experts work with government agencies and private sector companies to make them more efficient so they can handle budget pressure, and more responsive so they can prepare for the future.
We help our clients resolve strategic conundrums, like making sure the armed forces have enough people with the right skills and judging when to overhaul equipment and technology. We do it by taking the time to understand each challenge and opportunity, rather than offering an off-the-shelf solution. And we work with individuals, teams and entire workforces to ensure everyone is clear on their purpose and that culture change sticks.
We combine unrivalled sector insight with specialist expertise drawn from different industries and geographies. This means the solutions we develop are both innovative and pragmatic.
Whether you operate in the public or private sector, we can help to:
- increase the contribution of defence to national prosperity
- strengthen national security to protect the public and save lives
- promote innovation to maintain operational advantage
- deliver greater productivity from the available resources
- increase revenue, reduce costs and improve programme performance
- address the technology, people, organisational and cultural aspects of change.
The team is looking for Managing Consultants with a clear strategic mind-set and who can work at the top of organisations such as Defence, , National and Homeland Security and be able to help shape their strategic decision making.
The successful candidate(s) will need to have the following:
- Strategic mind-set and also someone that has had experience of developing policies, legislative and regulatory change
- A thought Leader, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and the confidence and ability to bring fresh insights to the very top of the organisations mentioned above
- Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in all circumstances:
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
- Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
- Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen.
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/ partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com