Managing Consultant - Data Science
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,300 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
Within PA the Managing Consultant (MC) role represents a top tier appointment in the organisation, with MCs typically serving as our business development, thought and team leaders. With one foot in the operation, one foot in the strategic and a head for business and proposition development, this role is highly varied and calls for someone who is autonomous and a self-starter.
We are searching for a seasoned expert within Analytics that can help drive new business and deliver projects within the Public Sector. You might expect to spend about half of your time actively engaged on client projects, with the balance split between new business development, and working to nurture and support our Analytics practice and people.
Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Building interpersonal relationships with client teams, through involvement in business development activities and day-to-day management/interaction with team members, in the work.
- Spotting opportunities to grow revenue via your relationships and understanding where we can add more value to our client engagements.
- Building and growing teams – from entry level to more senior folks – so that they are engaged, supported and growing as individuals and as teams.
- Orchestrating best in class output, ensuring that we are delivering the right thing at the right time to our clients.
- Helping build an extraordinary culture, which attracts and retains the highest quality at all levels of career.
- Expect a sleeves-up role, as all our people are client facing and empowered to fulfil the best outcome for their clients.
- You will be expected to have data science experience around its capabilities, applications and usages.
- You will have established yourself as a trusted leader, from successful experience building business pipelines through to complex delivery in areas such as data science.
- You have demonstrable experience working within a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment and can evidence your ability to deal with large amounts of information, make decisions effectively, and guide teams to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
- You have extensive experience in all stages in the algorithm lifecycle, from ideation, to data wrangling, feature extraction, model training, testing and validation. Preferably using programming languages such as R, python and Pyspark.
- You have gained experience in deploying machine learning models into production, as well as monitoring performance and drift.
- You understand the implications of Ethics and Privacy of data science work and how to maintain legality and fairness, and refrain from bias. You also understand how to govern these aspects across the organisation.
- You can evidence how you have identified new revenue opportunities and converted these into business growth as well as having delivered projects of significant value.
- You will be commercially savvy - with clear experience delivering effective estimation and working with cross discipline teams to get to the heart of a solution, articulating the technical elements clearly to internal folk but, critically, to clients too.
- You will be a leader of technical and non-technical people. Evidence of building high performing cross functional teams, coaching and people development. Able to build connections quickly and influence others.
- You will have experience of driving growth in data science both to internal and external clients and in developing successful sales pipelines using it.
- You will be good at opening new doors, but also nurturing and growing existing client relationships.
About Analytics Services at PA
Using our analytics expertise, we help find hidden insights in mass data sets so clients can plan more effective responses to tough challenges.
Drawing on our experience in data modelling techniques, data visualisation and predictive analytics, our data science capability can help embed lasting change.
· Private medical insurance
· 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
· Company pension scheme
· Annual performance-based bonus
· Life and Income protection insurance
· Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
· Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.