Managing Consultant Aligned to Defence and Security
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Threats to national security are constantly evolving, and organisations must evolve to meet the challenges. We help organisations to reshape and reorganise to counter threats and keep people safe, and we help aerospace, defence and security businesses anticipate and meet their clients’ needs.
Our diverse teams of experts work with a range of organisation to make them more efficient so they can handle budget pressures, and to be more responsive so they can prepare for the future.
We help our clients resolve their toughest challenges, like:
· making sure those who protect us have enough people with the right skills and judging when to overhaul equipment and technology
· working with organisations to help them address their cyber security challenges, and to develop resilience against unforeseen events across their people and services
· supporting organisations in planning and deploying the digital, data and technology capabilities they need to address 21st century crimes
· working across the defence and security sector to help organisations attract and retain the diverse highly skilled workforces that they need to deliver their missions.
We do it by taking the time to understand each challenge and opportunity, rather than offering an off-the-shelf solution. And we work with individuals, teams and entire workforces to ensure everyone is clear on their purpose and that culture change sticks.
We combine unrivalled sector insight with specialist expertise drawn from different industries and geographies. This means the solutions we develop are both innovative and pragmatic.
A Managing Consultant is a senior leadership role, often taking the lead on multiple major client engagements and internal assignments. In addition to creating, maintaining and developing senior stakeholder relationships, Managing Consultants are often responsible for setting the strategic direction of client engagements, overseeing delivery and the quality of assignment work, and providing leadership to the wider team. Outside of client work Managing Consultants can play the lead in internal and external special interest networks, develop though leadership, and lead business development work – for example responding to tenders. In time Managing Consultants take on line management responsibilities for colleagues who are themselves senior leaders.
While they have many and diverse responsibilities, Managing Consultants operate in the context of a large and highly supportive team of Partners and other Managing Consultants, where team success is prioritised. New joiner Management Consultants are supported by peer mentors, coaching and an individually tailored integration plan. Flexible targets are applied aligned to their focus areas and time in the firm.
Whatever your background and whether you operate in the public or private sector, we can help to:
- increase the contribution of defence to national prosperity
- strengthen national security to protect the public and save lives
- promote innovation to maintain operational advantage
- deliver greater productivity from the available resources
- increase revenue, reduce costs and improve programme performance
- address the technology, people, organisational and cultural aspects of change.
The team is looking for Managing Consultants with a clear strategic mind-set and who can work at the top of national security organisations and be able to help shape their strategic decision making.
·Strategic mind-set and experience of developing policies, and supporting organisations develop their response to new threats, and technical, legislative and regulatory change
·Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the confidence and ability to bring fresh insights to the very top of the organisations mentioned above
·Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in all circumstances
·Passionate about developing themselves and others technically, professionally and behaviourally
· An outstanding role model to other colleagues, and committed to the supporting the development of others’ careers.
· Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
· Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
· Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
·Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com