We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
As a Java Engineer:
- You'll be responsible for owning and delivering on specific tasks, being the design authority and accountable for creating solutions
- You'll be a trusted member of the team, and you'll be empowered to move things forward on your own steam
- You'll have the support of experienced professionals within the team, who can give you guidance and help you make decisions
- You may also be expected coach more junior Engineers in the team, working with them to build their expertise
- It’s important you feel comfortable having team discussions with the client on the project and contributing your thoughts and ideas into the team
- Experience in Java:
- Java 8+
- MVC, JDBC and RESTful
- Knowledge of JVM
- Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Experience developing solutions in the cloud, using either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience developing code using CI/CD tools
- Experience in microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions
- Experience working in agile development teams where you're applying development practices such as:
- Agile sprints
- TDD and/or BDD approaches
- Experience working alongside others in the team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing
- An understanding of scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.