Intellectual Property Advisory Managing Consultant
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA’s Intellectual Property (IP) Service provides independent advice helping organisations of all sizes to nurture and grow their businesses through the identification and making the most of their strategic IP assets.
We are looking to hire an experienced Managing Consultant to be based out of either our head office (London, Victoria) or our Global Innovation and Technology Centre (Melbourn, Cambs).
The role of Managing Consultant is a key role encompassing both entrepreneurial business development/personal sales, with hands-on project delivery/management. This role would suit a technically savvy Intellectual Property specialist who enjoys developing great client relationships and understands how to meet clients’ needs with great consulting solutions.
To do this, we would expect you to have strong contacts in relevant industry sectors and be passionate about leveraging your network and your technical knowledge to meet client’s needs. This is an exciting opportunity to help our clients realise the value of IP by applying technical expertise and commercial insight. A degree in Intellectual Property is desirable but not mandatory.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate successful business development skills within the professional services industry selling consulting services, and have led and delivered the majority of following types of assignments:
- Shaping and delivering IP Strategies – where organisations align their IP with their business strategies to deliver optimum value
- IP Management – supporting organisations with rationalising their patent/IP portfolio including IP transaction advice
- Technical IP analysis – Applying technical insight into client’s challenges of IP infringement/circumvention
- IP Litigation support – supporting clients and their law-firms with providing technical/methodological support in litigations including portfolio analysis, testifying experts, etc.
Some key duties of an IP advisory Management Consultant include:
- Develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels to sell value adding consulting assignment (Typical value between £100k - £1M)
- Lead and deliver large scale and complex projects – managing project teams (2-10 people) being actively involved and taking ownership of delivery
- Develop commercially viable consulting market offerings
- Work with PA’s Go-To-Market and other specialist teams to develop targeted propositions, develop existing client accounts and build new accounts
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams, planning, managing and delivering work
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be customer-focused and be willing to travel on business. Preferable to have exposure to Technology IP opportunities in the US and Europe geographies.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team, work on leading-edge issues facing our industries and really make a difference to our clients. The nature of our business means that we can not only offer our consultants an exciting variety of work, but also the opportunity to see an initial idea develop into a real tangible service over a relatively short time period. As consulting professionals, we like nothing better than delivering a solution that provides our clients with a competitive edge.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com