Identity and Access Manager
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Working with Group Systems stakeholders and the wider PA teams to manage and develop identity and access management/governance across the firm.
As part of the security team, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing identity and access improvements and technologies to ensure the right people have the right access at the right time, ensuring PA’s risk is managed
- Providing reports on identity and access to stakeholders (internal and external) as required
- Ensuring identity and access works in a timely manner for a range of stakeholders, including: PA people, contractors, clients, and auditors
- Responding to business change while balancing operational performance and expectation with security and control requirements.
- Ensure security is a priority against an operational back drop
- Respond to client and PA requests quickly and efficiently
- Ensure appropriate registers of security actions are up to date
- Security related qualification such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP, or equivalent experience
- Identity and access related certifications are desirable
- Proven track records in managing identity and access governance and improvements
- Ideal candidate will have awareness of both security compliance and security operations
- Proven track record in dealing confidently with stakeholders
- Proven track record of writing responses in a customer friendly way
- Some knowledge of ISO27001/2 and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) would be an advantage
- Basic working knowledge of privacy law would be advantageous (e.g. Privacy Shield, GDPR etc)
- Some knowledge of and experience in working in a SOC is desirable
- Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with security
- Customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good reporting skills
- Curious and persistent nature
- Desire to always do the right thing, not just the easy thing
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org