Hydrogen Technology Expert
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter. We also offer all of our engineering professionals career progression and tailored training to equip them with the tools they need to tackle complex and challenging projects through their careers.
We are looking for a hydrogen technology expert to join our growing team of consultants, engineers and scientists working in the energy transition. The ideal candidate will be able to flexibly apply deep expertise in hydrogen value chain technologies to solve a range of client challenges, from core technology development to strategy support.
To meet growing demand for our services in the energy transition space, we are now expanding our expert team across all technical capability areas, with an aim to strengthen PA as a centre of excellence for clean energy technology. We are looking for motivated and talented new colleagues to join us and help shape this journey.
Function specific activities include:
Fulfil role as a hydrogen technology subject matter expert, demonstrating strong familiarity with current and emerging technologies in hydrogen value chains (e.g. electrolysers, fuel cells), including a working knowledge of key operational principles and components (e.g. catalysts, membrane electrode assemblies etc).
- Apply technical understanding to provide strategic support to clients, for services such as technical due diligence, investment appraisals and technology strategy development.
- Support assignments across PA’s wider Energy and Utilities practice with a working knowledge of other technologies across adjacent hydrogen-based value chains (e.g. synthetic fuels, ammonia).
- Confidently communicate complex technical information and its commercial implications to senior external stakeholders.
- Support the development of more junior team members.
- Support or manage (depending on seniority) project delivery to achieve high quality results within budget and time constraints.
- Support or lead (depending on seniority) business development activities, including drafting and presenting project proposals
- Experience in technology or product development, particularly within an energy transition context.
- Experience of delivering technical due diligence consulting services.
- Experience of leading the sale of technical consultancy projects.
- Knowledge of key technology trends in the energy industry.
- Experience in a client-facing role in a fast-paced consulting or similar environment.
A degree in a relevant subject or qualified by experience.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com