Graduate Software Engineer
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as a graduate is a big step. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our Graduates Make a Difference
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA Consulting we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Global Innovation Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
A career at PA is what you make of it — so power your curiosity and prepare to make an impact.
We’re looking for graduates who:
- Are credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- Can build strong relationships— with both clients and peers
- Are curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Can be adaptable and able to flex their style and thinking
- Are collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Are driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Are open to change and have a growth mindset
- Are hungry for new challenges
- An undergraduate degree
- Proficient programming skills, ideally with experience in one or more of these embedded or objected-oriented languages: C++, Python, C or C#
- Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
- Our areas of expertise include:
- Software for Real Devices
- Cloud Integration and IoT Devices
- Advanced Image processing & Virtual Reality opportunity to work on meaningful projects with talented people across a wide range of assignments
- Safety Critical Software for Medical Devices, Defence, Transport etc
- You will use your talent and experience across a range of design and development tasks from real devices and machines to cutting edge IoT and cloud systems
- You will work in a talented and collaborative multi disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development
- You will contribute to the design and build of solutions using the best suited technologies for the problem we are trying to solve
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- Your work will be based in our Global Technology and Innovation Centre in Melbourn, Cambridge
- Salary potential: £30,500 with an additional £3,500 transport allowance
- Full time
- This role will start in September 2023
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.