Graduate Electronics Engineering Consultant
Application deadline has been extended, this role will now close on Monday 6th March.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as a graduate is a big step. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our Graduates Make a Difference
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA Consulting we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Global Innovation Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
A career at PA is what you make of it — so power your curiosity and prepare to make an impact.
We’re looking for graduates who:
- Have practical experience of electronics developments through university, work or home projects
- Enjoy using your engineering skills to develop solutions to real-world problems
- Are credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- Can build strong relationships— with both clients and peers
- Are curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Are collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Are hungry for new challenges
- Accredited degree in electronics/ electrical engineering (or related subject)
You should have a knowledge and an interest across one or more of these areas:
- Electronic circuit design principles.
- Digital electronics - DSP, FPGA
- Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and embedded hardware design.
- Embedded software development in C
- Power electronics and switch mode power supply design.
- Radio frequency electronics / communication systems
- Product design experience desirable
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects with talented people across a wide range of assignments
- You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering
- Variety and breadth. Your role may range from creating a novel wireless connected product, developing a high-performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device. Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help
- You will innovate at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions to hard problems
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- Your work base will be our Global Innovation & Technology Centre, Melbourn, Cambridge
- Salary potential: £30,500 with additional £3,500 transport allowance
- Full time
- This role will start in September 2023
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.