Full Stack Engineer
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Are you up for the challenge of creating seamless user experiences from every angle?
Our Digital team are looking for an exceptional Full Stack End Engineer.
You will work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll be working as part of a larger team who are collectively responsible for delivering functioning solutions to our clients. You'll have the support of experienced professionals within the team, who can give you guidance and help you make decisions.
You will have opportunity to:
- You can expect to use your knowledge of architecture; our clients will look to you for advice and contribution in higher level architectural discussions
- You're familiar with the development process, and take ownership for certain aspects of the process by putting appropriate methods and tools in place
- You can clearly communicate with both clients and peers, describing technical issues and solutions in both written and meeting/workshop contexts
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team, and deputising for the team principal, will be important in the role
- Your involvement in shaping bids (working with a bid team) will assist to create approaches or proposals, and perhaps you may also add valuable contributions during presentations to clients in a formal selection process
- You'll play an active role in account management
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- User interface engineering using CSS, design systems and accessibility compliance
- Backend development with Node.js, databases and ORMs (e.g. Prisma)
- Experience developing cloud-native, serverless and event-driven solutions in AWS, Azure or GCP (e.g. functions, message queues, databases, API gateways, authentication), ideally with developer or architect certification
- Good understanding of testing practices, principles (TDD, BDD) and associated frameworks (e.g. Cypress and Cucumber)
- Agile software development including iteration and sprints, acceptance criteria, peer review and estimation techniques
- Awareness of branching and deployment patterns, infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) and observability tooling
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.