Financial Crime Technology Consultant
- We work in a hybrid model at PA, but your work base will be aligned to our London or Edinburgh office
- Travel to client site will be necessary as and when the client requires
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
Financial Crime at PA
Our Financial Crime experts have led some of the most exciting work that the consulting industry has seen in building leading Financial Crime intelligence functions. We have helped global regulators to become more sophisticated and data-driven in their AML/CTF supervision and enforcement as well as supporting the delivery of Transaction Monitoring engines driven by next-generation technologies.
By blending PA’s rich history in consulting with our technology capabilities, we mix disciplines, deliver faster, iterate smarter and constantly learn — challenging the status quo to seek the best solution for our clients.
As a Financial Crime Consultant, you will be working with our diverse and high performing delivery teams transforming Financial Crime risk management frameworks, crafting and implementing technologies across customer onboarding, payment screening and Transaction Monitoring. You will also liaise with senior client stakeholders in drafting policies to help to prevent, detect and investigate money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud and market abuse.
Financial Crime Makes a Difference
Recent Credential: Design and implementation of a Transaction Monitoring solution for a major European payment services provider - PA was appointed by a major international merchant acquirer to design and implement a proportional, risk-based Transaction Monitoring solution in response to regulator challenge. PA was engaged to transition to a ML-based system in order to maximise risk mitigation, reduce the risk appetite and mitigate the ‘hard-to-reach’ risks currently unmitigated by rules-based controls.
The new system went live with numerous new Transaction Monitoring controls, a peer profile model, additional transaction data streams and new team of alert investigators. Our work helped to resolve the regulator's concerns by massively increasing the capacity and scale of AML monitoring for the new controls added - each configured to spot different suspicious trends in the transaction data. The transactions from previously unmonitored new card payment types were added to the control set, and new alert investigators were hired and trained to work the additional alerts from the new controls.
To rise to the challenge this role brings, you will possess specialist experience in this area with a good understanding of Transaction Monitoring processes and systems and have change and transformation capabilities.
Specific experience we require includes:
- TM technology: understanding the approach for how Transaction Monitoring systems are selected, designed, configured, tested and implemented by banks and other financial institutions.
- Financial Crime regulations: what are the UK and global regulatory expectations on Transaction Monitoring platforms and CDD.
- Controls: Understanding how Transaction Monitoring platforms identify suspicious activity.
- Operating model: understanding how Transaction Monitoring platform operating models are designed, how they interact with other components of the Financial Crime ecosystem.
- Optimisation: understanding how to improve the efficiency of platforms, the impact and cost of inefficient systems.
- Investigation: understanding how alerts are reviewed and handled appropriately.
- Next-generation technology: understanding how next generation technology can enhance existing Transaction Monitoring capability.
Other core skills and competencies:
- Strong understanding of Financial Crime regulatory landscape
- Data analytics
- Change management and large-scale transformation programmes
- Core consultancy skills
Our Financial Services team is committed and passionate about inclusion and diversity. We are members of Women in Banking and Finance which offers a variety of development programmes and networking opportunities. All PA consultants also have access to both internal and external mentoring schemes.
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more.
It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process — at any time — don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com