Embedded Systems Test Engineer
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
Oakdoor is a family of disruptive hardware network security products created by PA that protect our customers' networks and data from cyber attack. We are looking for experienced test engineers to join our rapidly growing team working on the development of the next generation of our products.
We organise as collaborative cross-disciplinary teams of software, electronics, mechanical and manufacturing engineers, working together to build innovative solutions to some of the most interesting challenges. We use agile tools such as test-driven development, continuous integration systems and pair programming to deliver high quality products. We use a high degree of automation to build and test our products and we are constantly honing our software development processes and skills.
Isn’t it time you joined us.... ?
Use exploratory testing to identify issues with high risk areas of the products.
Design and develop tests and test infrastructure.
Identify and close existing gaps in test coverage.
Work closely with the development team providing expertise into the development of automated tests for new features.
- Proven record implementing and managing test infrastructure for secure, embedded products
- Able to work closely in an Agile environment with other software and hardware engineers to understand, develop and advocate for testing requirements
- A passion for exploratory testing and a good knowledge of automated frameworks for systems-level testing and reporting on test results
- Experience in testing an embedded Linux product in a Linux testing environment
- A good understanding of networking protocols, hardware and security
Ideally we would expect you will also have a combination of:
Extensive knowledge of software engineering and testing procedures
Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
Excellent communication skills
A passion for continuous improvement
Effective problem solving skills
Experience of implementing CI and automation
Knowledge or experience of network security
- A degree in a relevant subject area, or qualified by experience,
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain security clearance.
Private medical insurance
• Travel allowance
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org