Digital Trust & Cyber Security Summer Internship
Applications will be closing on Monday 30th January.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Power Your Curiosity at PA
Joining us as an intern is the next step in starting your career. Whether you’re coming from a specialist background or from an unrelated subject, we want you to be bold, stay curious and dive into the opportunities we have to offer.
Our People Make a Difference
As cyber threats become more high profile and people become more aware of data privacy, organisations have an opportunity to differentiate themselves with outstanding digital trust and cyber security. As an Intern you will help our clients build trust with customers and stakeholders by showing systems are secure, protect data from cyber-attack and comply with regulations.
You will work alongside our cyber security experts to spot digital and technology security risks and help identify the right controls to develop systems, processes and culture to keep data safe. You will help our clients build the resilience they need to get back to business with minimum financial and reputational loss when a cyber-attack does succeed.
During your weeks as an intern at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes. Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be on track to gain a degree in a Computer Science, Security or IT is preferred but we welcome applications from all degree disciplines
- A passion for cyber security and a good grasp of the latest trends within the industry
- Adaptable and able flex their style and thinking
- Collaborative and work at their best in dynamic teams
- Curious and want to broaden their understanding of the world
- Credible and comfortable working with clients in high performance environments
- Driven to succeed — and help others achieve the same
- Open to change and have a growth mindset
- Relationship builders — with both clients and peers
- Hungry for new challenges
- Have an enquiring mind, with the capability for innovative and analytical thinking
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- Opportunity to work across all areas of the information security spectrum, from developing cyber security strategy to implementation of risk reducing security controls and technologies
- You will be exposed to a variety of experiences which will build an outstanding career
- Flexible healthcare plans
- Competitive leave allowances
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be our London Victoria office.
- This role will start in June 2023 – for 6-8 weeks. Exact dates will be confirmed at offer stage.
- Full time
- Salary: Competitive
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.