DevOps Engineers (AWS)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- Application deadline: ASAP
- Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Do you have what it takes to join our dynamic team?
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer with a specialization in AWS to join our dynamic team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance, scalability, and reliability. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of AWS services, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles, and expertise in hosting, orchestration, and monitoring/logging solutions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a wide range of AWS services and technologies, leveraging them to architect and optimize cloud solutions.
- Utilize Terraform to define and manage infrastructure as code, ensuring consistency and efficiency in deployment processes.
- Implement and manage hosting and orchestration solutions using Docker, Fargate, Service Catalogue, Service Manager, AWS S3, MKS, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Autoscaling Groups (ASG), EC2 instances, and ELB (Elastic Load Balancer).
- Utilize Consul for configuration management and Vault for secure storage of secrets, ensuring robust security measures.
- Set up and manage API gateways or equivalent solutions for efficient and secure communication between services.
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and logging solutions using the ELK stack, X-Ray, and Prometheus to ensure real-time insights into system performance.
- Establish and maintain an effective CI/CD pipeline using BitBucket, Maven, Terraform, and Jenkins for streamlined and automated software delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on AWS services.
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles, with proficiency in Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of hosting and orchestration solutions, including Docker, Fargate, Service Catalogue, Service Manager, Kubernetes, and AWS Autoscaling Groups (ASG).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Consul and Vault.
- Familiarity with API gateways for secure communication between services.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and logging solutions, including the ELK stack, X-Ray, and Prometheus.
- In-depth understanding of CI/CD practices and tools, such as BitBucket, Maven, Terraform, and Jenkins.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.