Design Strategy Lead
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Unlock Your Creative Potential as a Design Strategist!
We are seeking an experienced and talented Design Strategist to join our fantastic team of researchers, designers, engineers, and experience modellers at our Dublin Studio to create future products for some of the world’s most exciting consumer, professional and healthcare brands. We are ambitious to inspire our clients and their customers by delivering world leading design solutions. Suitable applicants will be passionate about the power of design to define and transform user experience across a spectrum of industries. You will lead and inspire project teams to create ideal design strategies and deliver value for our clients and their customers. You will be responsible and accountable for design quality within one or more key client accounts.
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams to create outstanding products and services bridging digital and physical experience across a broad spectrum of industries
- Drive design quality, practice and offerings at the highest level that meet our clients and their customers goals
- Nurture the team to produce insightful, compelling narratives that will elevate brands and captivate its audience
- Confidently move between business and design strategy to identify and execute category-defining product and service experiences.
- Own, explain and justify design decisions in an effective and compelling way at c-suite level.
- Establish strong relationships with a long-term view and help clients to frame challenges, identify business opportunities, pushing the boundaries and encourage broad thinking.
- Support business activation by developing proposals that lead to exciting and well-structured projects for our Design capability.
- Guide project teams, give effective and empowering feedback and direction to other team members.
- Coach, assess performance and provide career guidance for junior and mid-level members of the team.
- Establish trust, nurture collaboration within the Dublin team and the broader PA Consulting network.
- Bridge PA Consulting and client teams to ensure all business needs and expectations are being met.
- Continually hone your creative, technical and communication skills.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, 5+ years leadership/management experience (ideally in consultancy but not essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in a design discipline, a master’s degree is preferred but not essential.
- Mastery in Design Strategy or Business design and competency in two or three areas of expertise such as Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Centred Design, Service Design or Design Research.
- Proven history leading multiple cross-disciplinary teams to create powerful, coherent, and effective design solutions.
- Demonstrated experience establishing people-centric business strategies for clients, fusing the cross-disciplinary practices of design.
- Experience structuring the business impact of design at a strategic, organisational, and operational level.
- Experience planning and facilitating design-led workshops with executives, product teams and design teams.
- Exceptional portfolio or leadership track record showing all levels of craft and capability ownership and management across key strategic projects.
- Solid understanding of market and industry trends, but also advancements in design and human insight.
- Proven ability to translate insight into strategic direction.
- Experience working with consumer and healthcare brands is a positive but not essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong ability to articulate and convince others of your design ideas and strategies.
- Exceptional aesthetic sensibility and great eye for detail.
- High proficiency across multiple design tools you or your teams will use in projects (e.g. Miro, Figma, Adobe Creative suite, etc.)
- Knowledge about emerging technologies (AI, Machine learning, Generative AI, XR, etc.) and its impact on design solutions.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.