We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics. We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Do you have what it takes to turn raw data into actionable insights and drive innovation?
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
- Experience in the design and deployment of production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala, Spark, SQL. Perform tasks such as writing scripts, extracting data using APIs, writing SQL queries etc. Work closely with other engineering teams to integrate data engineering component into production systems. Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks. Ability to travel to client site, where required, will be a consideration.
- Experience in processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources through ingestion and curation functions on AWS cloud using AWS native or custom programming. Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing is an advantage. You enjoy working within cross-functional Agile teams and you are familiar with Scrum ceremonies.
You’ll be comfortable designing and building for the AWS cloud and will have designed and worked on architectures that include Platform-as-a-Service components and perhaps even server-less and container technologies.
AWS is a significant growth area for us with a diverse and growing capability and we are looking for a Data Engineer with experience in AWS cloud technologies for ETL pipeline, data warehouse and data lake design/building and data movement. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches and while we have a preference for AWS tooling experience, open-source equivalence will be suitable.
As an Data Engineer, you’ll have experience working in teams to design, build, and maintain large scale data solutions and applications using AWS data and analytics services (or open-source equivalent) such as EMR, Glue, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB. Your team members will look to you as a trusted expert and will expect you to define the end-to-end software development lifecycle in line with modern AWS best practices. Your AWS experience spans data engineering, data science and product development projects, plus you will have an understanding of stream and batch processing.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.