Corporate Functions Finance Manager
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
The Corporate Functions Finance Manager (CFFM) is required to provide business partnering to central Corporate Functions. Through a real and active partnership, CFFM’s work closely with the leads to provide ‘real time’ support and analysis, to be a visible trusted advisor and to add value that will assist in decision making.
You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely reporting of monthly results with variance analysis, creating quarterly Forecasts and annual Budgets and various ad-hoc analysis and projects.
- Provide insightful, forward-looking analysis and reporting of Function Expenditure and present the findings to the relevant stakeholders in a meaningful way, to create the maximum impact, add-value and be able to respond to queries.
- Provide performance insight on actual results and forecast performance when required and drive action from insight, add value through reporting and MI production.
- Provide financial education of the Function and Unit Heads and relevant stakeholders.
- Run workshops for Functions on Finance areas such as management of projects and activities; authorisation of headcount, purchase orders and Purchase Card expenditure.
- Assist Function Leads in providing commercial risk management to budget and forecast.
- Advising on all non-routine financial matters including currency exposure, corporate taxation and accounting policies affecting expenditure e.g. Capital Expenditure
- Identify and deliver opportunities for continuous improvement of the reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes
Commercial Finance activities
- Completion of month-end results with variance analysis and insightful commentary.
- Actively manage and monitor your unit’s expenditure and raise any concerns or issues and aid in identifying solutions.
- Production of quarterly Forecasts, annual Budgets and sensitivity analysis.
- Monitoring, reporting and forecasting Capital Expenditure.
- Support on internal and external audit reporting and queries including SARBOX.
- Expense and cost analysis, review and investigation of out of policy/anomaly spend.
- Monitor of Purchase Orders and committed spend, highlighting any concerns
- Identify and support in resolving risks and opportunities.
- Monitor and tracking of headcount in units.
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience – CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
- Experience in dealing with and influencing senior stakeholders, excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Experience at managing cross-function/business relationships at all levels within an organisation
- Experience multi-tasking a variety of business activities while being able to prioritize critical projects, based on the changing needs of a dynamic business.
- Technical accounting responsibility and management of a P&L/operating unit.
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness.
- Advanced excel skills and data analysis.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com