Cloud Solution Developer
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
The Cloud Solutions Developer role plays a key part in the team to deliver an effective and efficient service to all areas of the organisation, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and the highest quality in client delivery. This is a role focused on the design and development of innovative, re-usable and highly maintainable software solutions, with you showing a sound application of software engineering principles and the software development lifecycle.
This will be achieved by both working on your own and with the wider team to understand and interpret requirements and then provide technical options on how to best meet the needs of the business. You will then build, unit-test and document the agreed solution. It will also require the ability to work closely with the wider application team, problem solving skills and the ability to interrogate existing technical solutions to understand and resolve live issues.
The role will include support for major programmes of work and a variety of smaller discrete projects. Our Microsoft technologies cover the entire Office 365 suite (including the Power Platform), Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online and Azure technologies (e.g. Application Service Environments and integration tools). We encourage the exploration and use of the full Azure suite to create innovative solutions to meet business needs.
As a team, we are passionate about technology and provide the opportunity to learn and work with the latest tools in Azure, providing help to work towards Microsoft certifications. Our team has a flexible hybrid approach to working, with our Melbourn office near Cambridge as your base office.
Become part of the Team
Join us and work with our Application Management team to efficiently deliver full application lifecycle development and support for PA. Our applications support the major business processes that deal with the people, financial and project management related transactions, knowledge, business intelligence and communications across the firm. We deliver the IT application services (both BAU support and change) to deliver a consistently great customer experience, ensuring they meet all policy and compliance requirements. We continually review how the system design, processes and data can be optimised to make service improvements and taking a pro-active approach to lead and not just respond to business requirements.
- Azure Services- to include Web API, Azure functions, Logic Apps
- Azure DevOps and Continuous integration
- C# / VB and .NET Framework
- SQL Server (2016 and above)
- Knowledge of authentication, access and identity management technology
- SharePoint Online
- Dynamics 365 Sales
- Power Apps
- Integration technologies
- Works with diverse stakeholders and creates strong relationships with customers, within the IT function and with any delivery partners
- Communicates highly effectively, both verbally and in written format. Translates IT concepts into business language
- Demonstrable success in delivering IT solutions based on Microsoft development tools in cloud environments
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and follows formal methodologies and processes with an attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Takes an open-minded approach when both problem solving and identifying solutions to a problem which includes both business change and technology change
- Works to deadlines and prioritizes tasks
- Takes initiative and works as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Maintains own knowledge and skills with a desire to keep up to date with current technology
- 8+ years’ experience within a global professional services industry sector(s)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org