We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4,000+ specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
At PA Consulting we define success as achieving exceptional results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities, and people worldwide. Our Business Analysts play a key role in delivering the solutions which achieve these results. We are looking for Business Analysts across a variety of levels who wish to develop their career. You will be a part of a team providing direction, guidance and support to both the Client and PA's wider business.
Business Analysts at PA work in some of the most exciting and diverse areas of the corporation. We have been crucial in Home Office IT Portfolio transformation, from design to implementation digital immigration services; we were key to delivering the Ventilator Challenge in 2020; and we worked with Border Force to upgrade critical infrastructure in a phased national rollout. These are just a few examples of some of the inspiring and ground-breaking work we do.
The scope of your involvement with projects will be vast and varied, helping organisations to define their needs and optimise their business. You will have the opportunity to:
· Work with our clients to define and steer business analysis workstreams across programmes and projects
· Tailor PA's business analysis framework to meet the specific needs of a client environment
· Work with clients to ensure processes are defined and requirements are captured and managed effectively
· Help clients build a compelling case for change and manage transformation in a controlled and effective way
· Provide support to programme and project implementation
· Perform assurance reviews of client's capabilities, drawing on PA's business analysis assurance framework and supported by your own business analysis experience
· Develop personal knowledge and skills by attending and delivering training
As a Business Analyst you are part of a community of BA's who feed more widely into our Agile Capability. This will give you the opportunity to contribute internally to PA, by sharing your expertise and experience to develop a variety of areas within these teams.
Ideally, you will have:
· A minimum of two years' experience of working as a Business Analyst, preferably in an Agile environment, or having similar experience in other areas
· The ability to articulate the approaches, tools, and responsibilities of a business analyst
· Exceptional stakeholder management skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written skills
· A desire to support PA's internal capabilities and develop PA's Business Analysis expertise through training and knowledge sharing
As this role involves supporting on the Home Office Transformation portfolio you must be eligible for a Security clearance.
To be eligible, the below must be applicable to you:
- You have been a resident in the UK for 5 years or more
- You have not been outside of the UK for any extended periods of time
- You do not require sponsorship to work and live in the UK
If the above does not apply to you, sadly we will not be able to progress with your application on this occasion and your application will be rejected.
Desirable experience includes:
· Experience in process modelling, capturing business requirements, performing gap analyses and devising strategies to rectify disparities
· Practical know-how and knowledge in business analysis and industry recognised tools and techniques
· Ability to mediate between low-level technical detail and higher-level objectives
· Experience working as a business analyst in a scrum team and supporting product owners to articulate business needs across epics, features and user stories
· Ability to facilitate workshops and interviews with key stakeholders to elicit requirements and key information
· A thorough understanding of different delivery models including Waterfall and Agile
· An understanding of test approaches and experience in supporting testing activities, including development and execution of test scripts
· Certifications in Business Analysis e.g. BCS
· Experience of defining the business analysis approach for large scale programmes and complex procurements
· Experience of leading teams of business analysts to deliver programme outcomes
· Experience of coaching and developing teams to adopt business analysis approaches and frameworks
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.