Accounts Assistant - 12 month FTC
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
The Accounting Assistant will work with the Accounting Manager to manage a portfolio of UK trading entities.
This is a minimum 12 Month Fixed Term Contract and must be able to attend the office every Wednesday with your team.
• Managing month end close – ensuring all general ledger activities including the processing of journals for the fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and intercompany processes are timely and accurately performed.
• Provide cover for the Accurate maintenance of fixed asset registers including, recording additions / disposals, depreciation entries and reconciliation to the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Review of UK VAT return file in order to book the VAT cleardown journal.
• Preparation of monthly reporting pack with analysis and commentary under UK GAAP.
• Assisting the Accounting Manager with the preparation of the statutory accounts.
• Preparing information packs for the external audits and responding to external audit requests within the set timeframes.
• Preparation of SOX audit schedules and responding to requests from the SOX audit team.
• Ensuring the smooth running of the intercompany recharge processes that you are allocated.
• Submission of Office National Statistic returns.
• Completing monthly analysis of key P&L accounts.
• Documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures.
• Ad hoc tasks as required.
• Studying or wishing to study for accounting qualification (AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
• A minimum of 2-years related experience in an accounting environment.
• Strong Excel skills, including knowledge of VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS & Pivot tables
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials accounting package preferred but not essential.
Skills / Personal Qualities:
• Strong attention to detail & highly organized.
• Experience of working in a large company multinational organisation.
• An individual with a ‘hands on’ attitude and an intellect to drill into transactional detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deliver to deadlines.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritise and respond to multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
• Culturally sensitive and able to work across reporting lines
Sole British national, eligible to work on secure client sites.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.