Account Communication & Engagement People Lead - 12 month FTC
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We’re looking for a Communications & Engagement People Lead for one of the largest Digital accounts with over 150 people. This role will support our team members ensuring they are motivated, engaged and feel supported. You will create a celebratory community that brings everyone together and facilitate a culture of knowledge sharing and transparency. As part of this role, you will own the engagement strategy for the account.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy working in a fast-faced environment, thinking creatively and delivering impactful communications. To be successful in this role you’ll need a good understanding of internal communications, employee engagement, organisational health, and event management. The person in this role needs to be people focused, results oriented, and they should take an insights-driven approach to monitor and implement initiatives to continuously improve employee engagement. You’ll create opportunities for two-way engagement so that employees’ voices are heard by the account leadership team.
Your role connects the account to the wider firm. You’ll work closely with the Inclusion & Engagement team, Internal Communications, HR and the core account team creating a segment of one culture for our people. This role reports to the Partner heading up the account.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Creating an engagement strategy across the account
- Identify opportunities to embed best practice approaches to supporting wellbeing within the account policies and processes
- Support the delivery of corporate-led and account-driven wellbeing initiatives
- Regularly check in with and assess team wellbeing to inform the development of new approaches to supporting employees
- Share reports on team wellbeing with account leadership
- Support with a rotation strategy
- Deliver regular high-quality communications and events to the account team using a variety of channels and formats
- Manage the new joiner journey and onboarding process
- Plan and deliver a variety of special projects to boost engagement and meet specific firm objectives
- Consult and collaborate with the account’s leadership team to craft team-wide messages
- Work closely with the Inclusion & Engagement team to ensure alignment across the account and firm
- Organising team building and training activities working with the firm’s internal training team
What we’re looking for
Key skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to craft concise, engaging messages.
- You’ve got creative ideas about how to make messages and campaigns connect with a large and diverse workforce.
- You have excellent people management skills and experience of working with technical delivery teams.
- You are a proactive, self-starter who can independently plan and deliver on the communications and engagement strategy with minimal supervision.
- You are a team player with strong collaboration skills and are skilled at building relationships across teams.
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and can engage, persuade and influence multiple stakeholder groups.
- You have knowledge and interest in best practice approaches to employee engagement, organisational development, and/or employee wellbeing.
- You are passionate about creating an environment where our employees can thrive, where diversity is celebrated, and the wellbeing of our people is a priority.
- You have a strong work ethic, are well organised, and can manage complexity across multiple projects and stakeholders.
- You create opportunities for everyone to get involved; inspiring and encouraging others around you to actively shape and contribute to our community.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and collaborating with others so that they can lead and contribute to internal activities.
- You’re constantly learning, keeping on top of market trends, and challenging your own thinking to continuously improve how we communicate and engage with our people.
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org