IT and energy technology can address key challenges in the energy sector, including the demand for clean energy, the decline in oil and gas reserves and the drive for cost reduction. PA works with energy leaders to create growth from investment in IT and energy technology. We combine sector and technical expertise to meet the demands of shareholders, regulators and consumers.
We work across the IT value chain in the oil and gas, and utility, sectors. Whether the challenge is to ensure industrial control systems are safe from the cyber security threat, to choose and implement a new energy trading and risk management system or to ensure return on investment in a GIS implementation, our understanding of the energy market and its key drivers help organisations make better decisions in IT and energy technology.
Our services include:
- enabling the business to meet its core objectives through cost-effective and efficient energy IT – we help CIOs develop the IT capabilities their organisations need to be fit for the future, including developing IT strategy, driving IT-enabled business change and identifying the right IT sourcing solutions
- improving operations and reducing costs through effective energy technology – we exploit operations technology (OT) such as GIS to help companies reduce costs, increase production and improve health and safety
- exploiting data to support better business decisions – we improve the reliability and efficiency of utility and oil and gas assets through integrated operations techniques (IO) by creating intelligence gained from data aggregation, good governance, modelling and analysis
- securing mission- and safety-critical industrial control systems – we help organisations understand the cyber security threat, improve and maintain their security and ensure they are prepared and able to respond effectively to cyber security incidents
- capitalising on technology innovation and management – we combine our Technology Group and energy sector experience to drive innovation and develop energy technology. We work across the oil and gas and power sectors by helping take new products to market and streamlining production processes to reduce costs.
Some of our experience includes:
- Aquamarine – we identified potential cost savings of 21% to make Aquamarine Power's wave energy converter commercially viable
- UK Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure – developing new national guidance for managing employee risk and protecting the critical national infrastructure
- SolarReserve – commercialising concentrated solar power for large scale energy generation
- Landis + Gyr – developing an innovative smart metering product.