Effective asset management means basing decisions about assets on facts. Energy and water utilities need to be able to analyse the extensive data generated by their assets and operations, and find a way to translate this analysis into actionable decisions.
PA’s technology experts create IT tools to help clients make the right asset decisions. We develop analytical programmes to help our energy and utility clients evaluate risk, understand reliability and performance, and optimise capital and O&M spend.
Our experience includes:
- incorporating physical, operational, and condition data into a health index profile by asset class
- developing business cases to justify asset maintenance programmes and optimal action intervals in terms of cost/benefit and options prioritisation
- analysing underperforming assets to determine root cause and subsequent performance improvement actions
- creating worst-performing-feeder profiles for electric utilities in support of regulatory requirements
- modeling reliability improvement scenarios based on preventive maintenance programmes
- developing use cases for transmission and smart grid data analytics projects to facilitate technology selection and implementation
- building capital and O&M spending optimisation models to align corporate objectives with project cost/benefit
- benchmarking implementation levels for asset management best practice to demonstrate the correlation with performance improvement.