PA Master thesis mentoring programme
Are you writing your master thesis this spring? Would you like competent feedback and mentoring from a team of skilled management consultants?
PA Consulting offers a mentoring programme for bright students who would like guidance from a team of consultants that have one or more professional capabilities and/or deep industry knowledge. You can apply as an individual or as a group. The only thing needed is an exciting idea for your master thesis and a desire to be challenged to deliver the best result.
We have a broad set of mentors that will be matched with you based on your application. Below you can find the capabilities and industries that we are able to mentor you in.
Capabilities in Denmark
- Growth strategy
- Operating model
- Delivery & Change
- Operations & Improvement
- IT Strategy, Sourcing & Corporate services
- Digital Trust & Cyber Security
Industries in Denmark
- Financial Services
- Public Services
- Life Sciences
- Consumer and Manufacturing
You can apply for the programme through our recruitment system. You will be asked to send us your CV, grades, and a motivational letter, where you describe your project. The application deadline is 19 January 2022. We will match mentees with mentors as applications are received, so we highly recommend you to apply as soon as possible.
The programme runs throughout the Spring semester with a couple of events to support your thesis process besides the meetings with your mentors. We will aim to provide a mentor team consisting of a junior and a senior consultant. This ensures the best split between deep knowledge/capabilities and relatively recent experience with writing a master thesis project.
The mentors’ role will not substitute your formal supervisor, instead they will provide you with insights from ‘real life’, guide you in managing your project process and help you apply theoretical frameworks in a pragmatic manner. In addition to mentoring, you will also be introduced to some of PA’s professional training materials and methodologies that can help improve your structure and presentation skills.
The number and frequency of meetings between mentors and mentees are decided individually to ensure the best fit with each thesis process.
What PA Consulting offers to you:
- Access to leading experts with deep industry insights and a large network of specialised consultants.
- Mentoring and guidance in your specific topic as well as guidance to improve your structure and presentation techniques.
- An insight into how consultants work and how to apply tools and methods to real life cases.
What we expect from you:
- You are enrolled in a master’s programme and plan to write your thesis regarding a topic that addresses one or several of PA’s capabilities or the industries where we operate.
- You are interested in a career as a consultant.
- You meet agreed deadlines and have a proactive mindset.
- You already have ideas for your thesis project to discuss with a mentor.
- You want to participate in the planned activities (2-3 events) in relation to the programme.