However, do you find making the right choice is hit or miss? PA Consulting Group (PA) helps clients analyse their business challenges, understand what the market has to offer, and make the right sourcing decisions. PA believes that there are six common challenges.
1) "Our organisation is under pressure from factors beyond our control"
Sourcing can make or break your strategy for transformation. Innovation in creating partnerships is key to achieving this
2) "Our stakeholders are dissatisfied with the outcomes they're seeing"
Correctly approached, sourcing can add many kinds of value to the organisation, as well as cutting costs.
3) "The future is uncertain - we need to keep all our options open"
Through careful sourcing, you can position your organisation not just to cope with future change but also capitalise on the available
4) "Our internal and/or external service providers are not meeting the strategic needs of the organisation"
Aim to align internal departments' - and suppliers' - objectives with your own strategic goals.
5) "We're looking to launch a new product or service, but we're not confident we have the requisite capabilities."
Sourcing relationships can create or free-up the capabilities you need.
6) "Our existing sourcing arrangements seem to be running smoothly - why should we consider reviewing them?"
There's no such thing as routine sourcing - arrangements should be continually reviewed against corporate strategy.
PA can support you address each of these challenges in your organisation - focusing on the key elements to get right. At PA it is your business agenda, not the sourcing transaction or process, that is at the forefront of our mind. We offer a different approach to sourcing. With deep understanding of the industry sectors in which we operate, we excel in resolving complex situations. PA is also proud of its innovative reputation, which enables us to go beyond traditional thinking to help clients find the righ way to fulfil their business aims.
For genuinely independent advice on how you can address these sourcing challenges and get them right in your organisation, please contact us now.